Sunday, March 12, 2006

Looking for the Ocean

I am flying out to Orlando, Florida in the morning. I am going to see my brother, Nathan. I haven't seen him and his family in a while. I am looking forward spending some time with him and his kids. But, there is a more selfish reason for this trip. I am looking for a break. I am looking for some "me" time on the flight, and I want to see the ocean. I want to take hundreds of pictures of the water and the people around me. My goal is to catch up with my brother while I let my mind untie itself from the knots it has become twisted in.
I am so tired and I have so many balls in the air that I have been juggling for such a long time. I just want to let them drop for a couple of days while I take care of me for a while. Emotionally I am drained and physically I am tired. I haven't been able to observe the Sabith in such a long time. Maybe I will be able to just be "Uncle Chad" for a couple of days. Maybe Nathan's kids can give me some undeserved acceptance.
So that is the goal of the trip. I just want to "be" for a while. Maybe for a couple of days I will allow myself to enjoy the life the Lord has given me. Maybe I will find a way to let go of some of the things that I am binding myself with. There are alot of maybe's in my words tonight... hopefully I will come back to Dallas with a tan and not so many "maybe's".
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: