Thursday, July 03, 2008

It Happened


On July 1st, I asked Leah to marry me. I taught for the last time at The HUB (the college group at Irving Bible Church). After teaching, I was giving them my farewell address, and I asked Leah to come up to the front with me. I showed a photo slide show of some pictures of us. I had Craig (he leads worship for the group) play "On a Night Like This" by Dave Barnes. The last slide said: "Leah, will you marry me?" She turned back to me after watching the screen as I hit a knee. I told her how my love for her had grown over the last year and how I didn't want to start a new phase of my life without her. I then asked her to marry me. She cried, and then said YES! The college group had gotten us a cake, so we celebrated. I am amazed at how the Lord can take a guy like me to a place where a girl like Leah wants to spend the rest of her life with me. I am blown away. I was speechless of about 5 minutes. "Holy is the Lord, God Almighty!"

2 comments:

BJ McGeever said...

dude way to go with the Dave Barnes. I looove that song especially. I'm so excited for y'all!

Anonymous said...

Way to go... Congrats!!!