Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter 2007





1983 was my first Easter... it snowed. This is a picture of me with the snow bunny that my brothers made. Fast forward 2007...it snows again. This is the snow bunny that the three of us made.
I have always loved Easter... probably because it is so close to my birthday. This year was awesome. I went down to Crockett to be with my family (It seems that I always have something to write about after being with my family). Both of my brothers where down with there kids. We had BBQ from Pop's BBQ pit (taste amazing every time). After the food was done cooking we built a fire in the smoke box of the pit. All of us just sat and stood around the fire talking and trying to stay warm. It was so cold this year. We had a lot of good laughs as we sat around the fire. It strikes me how many great memories are made around Pop's BBQ pit.
As Christians we celebrate Easter because Jesus' tomb was found empty after He was beaten, killed, and buried for our sins. We see Easter as a symbol of Him overthrowing the power of death. It is beautiful. And this Easter, I saw Him over come all the death and junk that has bound my family for a long time. He resurrected the "family holiday" for us. We hunted eggs inside (it was too cold outside), we eat birthday cake (happy birthday to me... and Eavn), and had a great snowball fight that ended with me getting hit in the gut... snowballs hurt!
Happy Easter! I hope you all find the peace and joy that Jesus offers in a life redeemed by His blood. I hope you hold your family a little closer. I hope you laugh a little deeper. I hope you are a little more thankful when you eat those large meals. I hope you find rest. Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Steve Hayes said...

Awesome!! I love it!!!