Friday, October 27, 2006

God Loves Baseball!

I just finished watching the St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series. True, it is bitter sweet because I wish the Twins could have gotten out of the first round; however I love watching the post-game celebration (just as long as it isn't the Yankees having the good time). There is so much emotion that erupts from men when we feel our hard work actually means something. Jeff Weaver pitched 8 great innings. When the finial out was recorded he rushed the field and fell to pieces. He sobbed after he pitched the game of his life. There have been many people that doubted his ability, is there any better way to prove someone wrong?

Watching men cry after events like this makes me ask myself a question: "How many people live their life waiting for a moment that defines as something more than a failure?" How many people have pasted away before feeling they have reached such a moment? I know I sometime find myself holding my breath waiting for a chance to prove myself, not only to everyone else, but to myself. Instead of living in the freedom that comes from knowing what Jesus did for me with His life; I burden myself with a notion that it's my job to prove myself worthy. I love baseball, and I believe the Lord never stops reminding us who we are, who He is, and who we can be when we listen to the words He pumps through our hearts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find myself dieing each day for a moment like that. I will never find that moment under a 'cards' hat though! The stinging question that comes to mind is "How many chances or opportunities have pasted to receive that moment?"

Anonymous said...

I find myself dieing each day for a moment like that. I will never find that moment under a 'cards' hat though! The stinging question that comes to mind is "how many chances or oppertunities have pasted to recieve that moment?"
Nathan